"I’m not sure where I would be without Habitat, they appeared when I felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders. They gave me something to look forward to...they gave me hope." - Brush with Kindness program participant.
PLEASE NOTE: Willamette West Habitat does NOT work on properties that are not owner-occupied and we do NOT work on mobile homes. If you have a mobile home in need of repair, we suggest contacting ReBuilding Together, who serves Washington County, or Unlimited Choices, who services the City of Beaverton.
The Brush with Kindness program helps families revitalize the appearance of their home with exterior painting for a low cost.
A Brush with Kindness projects have a set cost (assuming no lead paint issues) of $300 for a single-story home or $500 for a two-story home, and must be paid before any work begins. If you don't have the funds, we can point you to a statewide savings program that will match every dollar you put in with three additional dollars, allowing you to save the funds you need in about six months.
We work exclusively in these zip codes: 97003, 97005, 97006, 97007, 97008, 97034, 97035, 97036, 97062, 97068, 97070, 97078, 97075, 97123, 97124, 97223, 97224, 97225, 97229, 97231
For more information email or call our Home Preservation Program Manager, 503-844-7606 x 110.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
Beyond painting, homeowners may choose to have additional exterior repairs done for an additional cost.
- Roof: Moss removal, scattered patching
- Gutters: clean or replace; soffit and fascia repair
- Porch: repair or replace
- Deck: repair or replace
- Siding & Trim: minor repairs
- Driveway & Sidewalks: minor repairs, small patching
- Accessibility Modifications : wheelchair ramps
- The home must be the applicant's primary residence, located in a program zip code and the homeowner must live in the house.
- Total gross household income for all residents over age 18 must fall between 20-80% of the median household income for Washington County to be eligible. (See Family Income Guidelines)
- Homeowners insurance and property taxes must be up-to-date.
- Family members are expected to work alongside Habitat volunteers while the repairs are being done. Don't worry, no construction experience necessary!
- Habitat will review the repair list and job costs with the homeowner, for their approval of all costs, before work begins.
- Some repairs, including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, structural, will be done by licensed contractors.
- As a condition of approval, the homeowner will be required to provide a signed photo release, photos of the family and home (both before and after) and a family biography so Willamette West Habitat for Humanity can promote the program.
2019 HOUSEHOLD INCOME LEVELS
|Family Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|